Re: Ademco VISTA-128BP, Caddx NetworX NX-8E or ELK M1 for Residential Alarm and Home Automation

Looks like Ademco addresses the RS232 bi-directional serial port issue with
the Ademco VA8201 Alpha Pager Module:

  http://www.ademco.com/ademco/products/expansion_accessories/VA8201.htm
  The VA8201 Alpha Pager Module (APM) provides the VISTA-128BP/128FB
  and VISTA-  250BP/250FBP control panels with alpha paging, parallel
  printer output, serial printer output and or home/facility automation
  control functions using a RS232 bi-directional communications protocol.
  The APM transmits alphanumeric security control panel dependent
  messages to the paging service using Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol.

Ademco describes how to use this module with the VISTA-128BP in this PDF
Document:

  http://www.ademco.com/pdf/Home%20Automation.pdf

"G. Morgan" <alarmprosnail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Subject: Re: Ademco VISTA-128BP, Caddx NetworX NX-8E or ELK M1 for