Re: Ademco VISTA-128BP, Caddx NetworX NX-8E or ELK M1 for Residential Alarm and Home Automation

"G. Morgan" <alarmprosnail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Rather than the Vista-128 I'd go for an Apex Destiny for home
> automation.  It uses Ademco accessories, and is geared more
> towards HA.  The V-128 is more of a commercial panel.
>
> The Elk M1-G looks like the most flexible option for you, but
> I've no personal experience with it.

I was considering the ELK M1 as the panel to get, but it doesn't have a
proven track record of reliability (yet), hasn't been UL approved (yet), and
is so new that it is still on the development track.  If I buy the M1 now
and later ELK comes out with a new board to make it UL compliant, or address
some serious issues, I'll have to buy a new board because they don't do
hardware upgrades - only software (firmware) upgrades.  As much as I would
like to use this board, I think I would feel uncomfortable going with it
now.  Perhaps in a year or two.

I thought I read somewhere that the Apex might be discontinued in the
future.  Otherwise it looks pretty good too.

So it is between the VISTA-128BP and the Caddx NX-8E.