Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

I don't know Caddyx very well, but yes, I think that can be done with most
panels. Each panel type is different in the way it responds when you do try
to default it back. Paradox does nothing - it ignores you - and there is no
harm in trying. DSC will give off a series of clicks when you power up with
AC indicating it's locked. If you subsequently try to default it, you will
lose all settings except the locked installer code making the panel useless
for further use even in local mode. Caddyx likely has some procedure to tell
if it's locked....perhaps there are others on the ng that can elaborate with
more detail for you

RHC