Re: Found it

thats why I said I wasnt interested ... i meant 'in their =
pricing'...just wanted to see how they set it up in Excel.

I want to set up a Configurator and a Estimator in one shot...then maybe =
pull the price out right into a boilerplate estimate/contract.

So...design the system...prices it...produces written estimate/contract =
all in one deal. The way mine works now after I configure/price it I =
STILL have to retype it into my contract...double werk.

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
>=20
>=20
> > I never unit price a bid, that makes people think they can ala carte =
> > system, and it never quite works out correctly that way. If they =
want a
> > basic & an upgrade I'll give them a couple of bids.
> >
> > Someone keeps calling me about proposal software too drive me nuts, =
some
> > days I get more solicitations than requests for quotes.
> >
> > I just upgraded Quick Books Pro and also bought their Contact
> > Manager...gonna see if I can make them work for me. Ive been using =
QBP for
> > years. I have a feeling it won't - Im a fuss pot when it comes to=20
> > software.
> >
> > I have a feeling that I'll end up putting everything except =
accounting=20
> > into
> > Access again and exporting everything from my old flatfile db into =
Access.=20
> > never quite have the time to finish this project!
> >

> > Edwards has a beautiful pricing system for the ESA 2000 and IRC-3
> > components.  I wonder if they've adapted it to EST-2 and 3...  Some =
sales
> > guy in Edmonton (with a passion for Excel) designed it...
>=20
> I'm not interested in Edwards, but I'd be interested in seeing the =
pricing=20
> system structure. Where can I find a copy?
>=20
>=20
> It's an "in house" program.  They don't "give it" to anyone because =
actual=20
> equipment costs are in it.  You wouldn't believe their mark-ups (even =
to the=20
> wholesalers).  Example:  A smoke card for an old 6500 retails for =
around=20
> $550.00.  There's about $30.00 in parts on it if you cost them through =

> someplace like Active Components (electronics wholesaler in =
Vancouver).=20