Re: Found it

"Crash Gordon®" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:pGBZd.7$_x.91@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I never unit price a bid, that makes people think they can ala carte a
> system, and it never quite works out correctly that way. If they want a
> basic & an upgrade I'll give them a couple of bids.
>
> Someone keeps calling me about proposal software too drive me nuts, some
> days I get more solicitations than requests for quotes.
>
> I just upgraded Quick Books Pro and also bought their Contact
> Manager...gonna see if I can make them work for me. Ive been using QBP for
> years. I have a feeling it won't - Im a fuss pot when it comes to
> software.
>
> I have a feeling that I'll end up putting everything except accounting
> into
> Access again and exporting everything from my old flatfile db into Access.
> never quite have the time to finish this project!
>

> Edwards has a beautiful pricing system for the ESA 2000 and IRC-3
> components.  I wonder if they've adapted it to EST-2 and 3...  Some sales
> guy in Edmonton (with a passion for Excel) designed it...

I'm not interested in Edwards, but I'd be interested in seeing the pricing
system structure. Where can I find a copy?

It's an "in house" program.  They don't "give it" to anyone because actual
equipment costs are in it.  You wouldn't believe their mark-ups (even to the
wholesalers).  Example:  A smoke card for an old 6500 retails for around
$550.00.  There's about $30.00 in parts on it if you cost them through
someplace like Active Components (electronics wholesaler in Vancouver).