Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

I'm just being argumentative - we don't know the whole story - and I =
wasn't implying that the poster is less than genuine, only that the =
possibility exists.

I come across a lot of locked panels too, mostly new owners in old =
houses (innocents), if I can't unlock it I replace it - sometimes at =
cost, sometimes for free - if they're gonna be monitored.

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> All of those could certainly be true. However, since he seemed to be =
saying=20
> that he has tried to call the company with no response, and since I =
see=20
> untold examples of this kind of situation, I assumed the worst =
(rightly or=20
> wrongly). Perhaps it's my attitude that is becoming somewhat jaded =
since I=20
> unlock quite a number of boards weekly for other alarm companies and=20
> occasionally for end users. And the situation locally seems to be =
getting=20
> worse not better.
>=20
> You are correct in your unwritten assumption that there are two sides =
to=20
> every story. Perhaps this gentleman could elaborate a bit more on his=20
> particular situation (at which point, if I'm wrong, I'll gladly "eat=20
> crow"....)
>=20
> RHC
>=20
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> Or the previous owner may have owed the company 900 bucks for =
monitoring, or=20
> installation, or leasing.
>=20
> Point is it's not unreasonable to ask them to unlock it, or to pay a =
few=20
> bucks to do so. It is unreasonable to assume they're scumbags -
>=20
> Then again the new owner may not be a new owner, he could be the one =
that=20
> owes the company money (hypothetical of course)
>=20
> ..or he could buy a new board for 40 bucks.
>=20
>=20
> "R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> > It's not codes he's missing; he said the board was locked. I am =
assuming
> > here he has tried to default the board and it's a no go. That's =
pretty=20
> > black
> > and white. If I misread what he said, then you are quite correct. =
But I
> > don't think so....
> >
> > RHC
> >
> > "Doug L" <vssdoug@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > At this point its pure speculation as to who changed the code and =
under
> > > what
> > > circumstances, it could have been the previous homeowner, or it =
could=20
> > > have
> > > been the alarm company, for all we know the previous owner may =
have been
> > > given the code and omitted to pass it along to the current owner. =
It=20
> > > seems
> > > little premature to me to start defaming the company based on what =

> > > little
> > > information we have available. Would the locksmith be a scumbag =
because
> > > the
> > > seller neglected to pass along the new key for the garage door to =
the
> > > buyer?.
> > >
> > > Doug L
> > >

> > > R.H.Campbell <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message