Re: The *All NEW* Robert L Bass google game!

"Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Frank Olson" <feolson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> I can just imagine it...  The customer installs his own system and
> >> decides
> >> he wants Monitronics to monitor it because he happens to be in
Dallas....
> >> soooo...  he makes the call:
> >>
> >> Cust:  "Hi.  I'm a DIY'er and just finished installing this alarm
system
> >> bought over the internet from Bass Burglar Alarms.  Mr. Bass taught me
> >> professionally install this system in under two hours.  Wow.  I didn't
> >> realize it was so easy.  Anyway, I have this AlarmNet communicator and
> >> want you guys to monitor it for me.  Mr. Bass will dowload the panel
from
> >> Florida and program everything in.  All he needs is for you to call
him,
> >> give him your receiver phone numbers and access codes.  OK???"
> >
> > For the alarm panel he would, for AlarmNet he won't need any receiver
> > number
> > or access code
> >
> > You...do...know how AlarmNet works....right?
>
> I was actually referring to the on board communicator.  My bad.  I should
> have been clearer.  He'd still have to be a registered Dealer...  with the
> appropriate licensing...  clearances...

Or he'd use the setup created by his distributor if that's possible, either
way I certainly wouldn't give him or the DIY'er the information, I imagine
instead his central station handles it although like so many other things he
offers it's possible he doesn't realize he even sells it

> >> Monitronics Rep:  Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
> >
> > Actually all our reps are forbiden to say "Bwahahahahahahahahahahah!!",
> > they
> > are instead required to say "LOL!" It saves a lot of time
>
> Yes, of course...  Your "penchant" for omitting periods at the end of your
> sentences saves about 10 milli seconds...

plus an additional 100 milli seconds for each "ha", over the course of a day
it adds up

> >> By the way, Mark...  Nice lookin' website!!!
> >> (http://www.monitronics.com)
> >
> > Looks like they changed it a little, I haven't looked at it in a year or
> > so
>

> I can understand that.  What with riding the "bent", and slaving over your
> computer...  trying out new software, helping a bunch of dealers that
would
> rather call you than read the freakin' manual...  :-))

No I still have plenty of time for that, just haven't looked at it in ages