Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

We wire shit together. It takes a skill to strip wire properly and make
sound connections. My guess is, secound to user error, faulty connections
would be next highest on false alarm list. It's not a difficult skill to
master but a skill nonetheless. If the DIY can strip cable, fine, but I'd
want to see it first. I've seen some pretty creative ways of stripping and
connecting wires. One fellow used a boltcutter tool on quad and thought it
was great. I had to redo all his work (on the sly to avoid the ego thing).
It would have eventually been a nightmare of intermittents and opens.
Further, if they're frugal enough to DIY, they're probably not monitored or
have diallers calling friends, whatever, or simply local sirens.
I'd guess that percentage 'd be significant.