Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

Protect America?...oh brother.

Honeywell is good, but I believe they sold to another management company =
(?), since buying Ademco/ADI and the rest of the world. I don't think =
it's really the Honeywell they used to be (I could be wrong on this).

Do some research in your area BBB, contractors board, etc...look for a =
company that you want a relationship with...you're not really buying =
equipment...you're buying a relationship - find one that suits you. Pay =
a fair price now, so you are not paying through the nose with a company =
that locks you into a 50 year contract at 50 bucks a month =
(exaggeration...but that's kinda what FREE translates to).

"Devin" <youdontneedit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
| tufflaw@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
| > Hello, I'm trying to purchase an alarm system for my home, just
| > starting to compare vendors but I'm not really sure what I should be
| > looking for.  I've spoken with two so far, Protect America and
| > Honeywell.
| >=20
| > Protect America has a basic package on their website for a wireless
| > system with a control panel, keypad, motion detector, three sensors,
| > and siren.  It's free but I have to install it myself, and the =
monthly
| > service fee is $30.  They offer a lifetime warranty on their =
equipment.
| >=20
| > Honeywell offered me a package for a wireless system with a control
| > panel, keypad, siren, three door sensors, four window sensors, two
| > fire/smoke alarms for $795 (they install, obviously), with a service
| > fee of $20 per month.  There's a one year warranty on their =
equipment.
| >=20
| > Obviously the initial money put down is much cheaper for Protect
| > America, but a few things I didn't like were their sales tactics and
| > that their plan wasn't really specifically tailored for my house.  =
They