Re: Looking to purchase alarm system - suggestions?

"Roberto" <Respond@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Does anyone know the percentage of false alarms calls for DIY installs vs
> professional installs?
>
> Bob

That would be a tough one. It isn't tracked separately at the PD's. I am
afraid the number of DIY and Pro installs are so far apart that it would be
hard to compare and I don't really know what percentage of DIY's are
monitored as compared to those that are local or that simply page someone.
If I had to guess, although I am sure there may be some talented people that
are very capable of installing a security system, on a percentage basis, I
would think there would be more false alarms from a DIY install, if for
nothing else, simply the learning curve.