Re: Voip Problems?

Yah, these particular ones are Pellas, with those cute interior opening =
panes (really a pain) where you put fancy smancy window blinds inside =
the window. This of course (with the inward opening frame) eliminates =
any place to put a magnet. The way houses are framed here it's next to =
impossible to drill up into the bottom of the opening window for a =
recessed magnet too...so i'm ending up using recessed contacts =
vertically in the inside (visible) frame then supermags on the hidden =
face of the opening window frame (works like a champ and really easy to =
service) but a pain to install.

This house also had the stupidest sliding door (yah exterior slide) with =
a roll up screen door - this was a 500 $$$ upgrade that the homeowner =
broke the first time  he used it!).

Anderson & Marvins are popular here as well.

What pisses me off is that this house was bid for standard aluminum =
sliders - where I can knock off 20 in an hour at the most....now I'm =
playing window surgeon.

"Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message =

Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I usta skipper a ketch...for 2 years (long time ago)
>
> Anyway, I'd  never heard of the backwards trick..I'll try it tomorrow.
> Starting small and going bigger is not good on these windows...the =
less you mess the less chance of splintering...wood is really dry on =
these puppies.

When you start dilling forward, don't press hard, just go back in
lightly.

You might want to practice on something else first, just to get the
feel for it.

Hope it works for you.

What kind of windows?   Are these the Pella?

 Around here, there's mostly Andersen and Marvin. Pella isn't very
popular. I don't particularly like them. No room for contacts and they
aren't designed for security. Sliding glass door on the outside track?
Yeah ....... sure.

But, come to think of it, the newer tilt out Andersen windows, aren't
very secure either.