Re: Voip Problems?

bdolph wrote:
> What was the name of the company?
>
> BobbyD
>
> Frank Olson wrote:
>
> >"Crash Gordon=AE" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >

> >>... WHEN will these custom window manufacturers
> >>offer pre-contacted windows!!!??? </rant>
> >>

> >There's a window manufacturer in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver, B. C.) t=
hat
> >called us in a few weeks ago to consult on pre-installing contacts.  I t=
old
> >them it was a good idea particularly from the standpoint of the home-own=
er
> >who's concerned with possible warranty issues on some applications.  Now
> >that's progress!!!  :-))

If it follows the same path that occured quite a number of years ago
(70's ....80's?) .......... it will go something like this.

The mfg, will do a survey in the alarm industry and only take advice
from those who are not in the industry and who don't know a thing about
contacting windows. They'll pick a contact mfg, who isn't known in the
alarm industry and imbed the contacts in the window frames. They wont
advertise to the public or to the alarm industry. The people who
accidently discover them, and do choose to use the windows, will have
them installed by contractors who wouldn't know a wire from a piece of
cooked spaghetti, who will pinch, cut, compress, tear and completely
obliterate any trace of any leads or make other unique special efforts
to do everything to make access to the contacts all but impossible. In
addition, hitting the window with a hammer, numerous times,  right
where the reed contact is, will be part of their window installation
procedures. Then, after a year or two, the window mfg will take the
product off the market, as impractical. Oh yeah, no one anticipated or
figured out what to do with a window that had a bad contact in it,
since they were epoxied in. Oh yes, I almost forgot. The mfg's price of
the window will be twice as much as a window without contacts.