Re: why ground an alarm panel.

  I don't mean to imply that no grounding is THE major
problem.  However grounding is one factor that increases panel
safety and reliability.  Meanwhile, I am not preaching -
unless you are preaching louder.  Simply provided were
technical facts that others, often, are unaware of.  That
ground lug does provide a useful purpose.  Reasons why were
provided earlier.  No reply disputes those technical facts -
that we electrical types have demonstrated for generations in
homes as well as in flight hardware.  Advantages of grounding
in monitoring systems are well proven.  Problems are created
or continue by grounding without understanding underlying
concepts.