Re: Obsolete or not????

ABLE_1 wrote:
>>I'd say as long as it still works, it's not obsolete.  Impractical,
>>maybe, if you can't get parts, but not obsolete.
>

> I agree with out a doubt.
>
> However the "local" alarm guy was there to add a couple of windows and one
> door to the system and told my cousin that the panel was old and would have
> to be upgraded, for a $FEE$ of course.  She thought it was a little strange
> and did not agree at the time.  Good for her!!  Since she has a wonderful
> cousin in the business a few states away, she called me and told me what
> happened.  She is now much better informed and will be asking some rather
> detailed questions when he returns.
>
> I am not responsible for any blood loss or dismemberment that may occur.

Hmmm, she MAY need an upgrade if the new sensors need to be added as
separate zones and the panel she has doesn't have any zones available,
but in reality, they could probably just as easily be connected to
existing zones...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0551-2, 12/20/2005
Tested on: 12/22/2005 12:10:30 AM