Re: why ground an alarm panel.

First off, anyone who curses a customer to his face deserves whatever he
gets !!

Secondly, I always approach a security situation on the basis of there being
two levels of protection applying - "what the customer needs" based on my
assessment of the physical situation and his expectations for the services
being proposed, AND "what the customer wants" after discussions with the
client. I will go so far as to politely tell the client that what he is
proposing could be considered overkill given the situation,and tell him the
reasons why.  But when push comes to shove, the client is the one who makes
the decision and the one who pays the bill. I can recommend, but he is the
one who will be using the services. I do make it a practice to work from the
bottom up price wise, not from the top down !!

However, if the client chooses far less than what he needs, I simply point
out the security flaws in his approach and warn him. In some cases, I'll
choose to pass the business by if what he proposes is too far out of line.
There's lots of business around; why take on something you can't personally
stand behind.....

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html