Re: why ground an alarm panel.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone that is getting a
thorough and adequate installation, and wants just one more sensor and
it doesn't make any sense to the installer.

An analogy might be if Bill Clinton had wanted magnets on the doors to
the windowless hallway outside the oval office.  Anybody knows that the
secret service provides pretty good security around that house and a
windowless hallway isn't that big a security threat.  Bill has his
reasons for wanting them, and he is probably not going to feel the need
to explain himself.  Would some of you argue with him and berate him or
would you just install them and get on with life?

Pardon the political angle, I was just trying to think of a famous area
that doesn't need a magnet switch on a door.