Re: why ground an alarm panel.

"autonut843" wrote in message

> ...I'm curious, how many of you have cursed a customer to their face
> because they wanted an alarm feature that you just couldn't figure out
> their reason for wanting it?...

I don't ask why they want it. I just do what they want. Sometimes it may be
a weird insurance requirement. Sometimes is a high security thing and they
could not tell you if you asked. And other times it is a paranoid homeowner
who is nuts.

My favorite example of this is a convenience store which only had an alarm
on the air conditioning ducts - insurance thing. Well I'll be darned if they
didn't catch a couple of burglars going in through the ducts. They could
have gone in through the doors and never tripped the alarm! But these
insurance guys study the stats and know darn well where to put what. They
are right on usually with their requirements and know a lot more than I do.