Re: CCTV Cameras

On 28 Aug 2005 18:22:51 -0700, cctvbahamas@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I know whats out there, seen it, used it, been there, done it. Recently
>changed out a few Wireless IP systems due to interference, and low
>quality video in highest mode.

How many million dollar CCTV jobs did you do last year?  Then you
haven't seen it all yet.

>Network Video = Degraded IMAGE QUALITY - didn't say speed. Lower the
>quality and you get higher speed, thats simple.

How about better than DVD quality video?  Is that degraded?

>Network cameras will never work here. As you should know, they are
>still rarely used by CCTV "professionals" in most parts of the world,
>and for good reasons I wont post here.

Post any "reason" you think you have.  I'll shoot it down very
quickly.  The other issue with IP video is bandwidth.

>Mostly DIYers and PC guys are
>using them.

And seaports and airports and t/s government facilities.

> If you want High quality recordings you cannot use IP
>cameras. The same goes for installers that use PC based DVRs and set
>the record quality on low, or use low resolution CCTV cameras.

Wrong.  You can get 4 CIF images at 30 FPS per camera all day long
with common IP video products.