Re: CCTV Cameras

A CCTV camera is an industrial model, made to run 24/7, a still camera
is not.

A still camera is absolutely useless for CCTV. Lets see, will you find
a 1000' USB cable for each camera? Whats that about day night? Are
these cameras weather resistant or vandal resistant, do they have a 5
year unbreakable warranty, can they see 500' in pitch dark, can i
install one in my motion detector, or place it outside in a gang box,
can i roll over it in my SUV, ... etc etc.

None of the images for CCTV you have on your web page represent the
high quality of any CCTV system I have used, and I have a long list.

List some of the many CCTV systems you have used and then we can talk.

But if you want still images only, then go right ahead, the other
99.999% of security customers want some kind of motion, and now even
more than in the past, the need for speed is dominent in the security
world.

Yes alot of the london systems were pretty much crap, most of them were
still tape systems, and low res cameras, installed in the wrong
locations.

Simply put. all the information on your web page/site is totally
incorrect.
You are using examples of poorly installed CCTV jobs, and nothing you
said about the use of still cameras makes any kind of sense.

Care to discuss, visit us at www.cctvforum.com