Re: CCTV Cameras

X-No-Archive
[quote=www.londoncctv.com]
Hello - You ask the following:

Will you find a 1000' USB cable for each camera?

Ther is no need for a long usb cable between the camera and the
laptop/pc -as the images can be stored on a wireless network computer
on another part of the premises.

In a few months time (say by November 2005) you should be able to
purchase a wireless transmitter that will send the images direct to the
pc without any cable.

[/quote]

Wireless video is unreliable and quality and frame rate is slow.
And as of a few years ago you can buy wireless transmitters to send
images to your PC without any cable.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com]
What about day night?
See the images on the website and decide for yourself - you can almost
see the veins in the leaves on the trees - you can't get more detail
than that.
www.londoncctv.com

At night, you need a separate motion detector light of 1,000 watts to
illuminate the camera scene.

[/quote]

The images you posted show absolutely nothing at night besides the
people right in front of the flash.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com]
Are these cameras weather resistant or vandal resistant?

Yes - if you house them in an external housing, although personally I
prefer to position a digital stills camera inside a property looking
through the window. Then it is less noticeable and there is no need to
worry about vandals or the weather.

[/quote]

Putting a camera inside the property looking out the window is useless
for 99.9999 % of CCTV applications.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com]
Do they have a 5 year unbreakable warranty?

I don't know - you can look on the Canon website. Some tests by PC
Professional magazine have shown that even if you drop a Canon digital
camera on the floor several times, the case may break but it will still
work.

[/quote]

So they are not

[quote=www.londoncctv.com]
Can they see 500' in pitch dark?
Yes - provided you illuminate the camera scene with a motion detector
light.
[/quote]

When i say pitch dark, i mean no regular lighting, lets try Infrared,
they are not designed for that, like ExtremeCCTV.com is.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com]
Can I install one in my motion detector?

There's no need - you can download a simple software utility that will
enable you to set up trigger spots on the live viewfinder display on
the desktop, which will trigger the camera as soon as the pixels under
the trigger spots change.
[/quote]

Im talking hidden cameras, all DVRs have motion detection built in its
nothing new, but lets see you fit that still camera into an alarm
motion detector or smoke detector for covert operations.

[quote=www.londoncctv.com]
Can I roll over it in my SUV?

Yes - but in that case you may be taking snapshots of a clear blue sky.

[/quote]

What I was emphasising is that still cameras are not vandal resistant.

Once again i invite you to discuss your ideas with us over at:
www.cctvforum.com  - all ideas are welcomed.