Re: Alarm systems w/o phone line

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> Mike, I don't see anywhere where I suggest that charging for service is
> wrong, or gouging. Read what I said again carefully in terms of the general
> market, not specific to you, me, or anyone else. No where did I say charging
> for service was gouging !! Jim may infer that is what I am saying, but he is
> incorrect. He was just being his usual snide self reading into words meaning
> that was never intended because we disagree sharply on the need for long
> term contracts, and because he sees fit to make disagreement on this issue a
> personal point of contention.

Interpretation:

Campbell undercharges, undercuts monitoring compared to the market in
his area, doesn't charge for service and doesn't build equity in his
company and gets customers because of this. He claims that everyone
else is "gouging" likely because he can't compete any other way. That
makes him right and everyone else wrong.

> The rates most alarmcos charge is actually peanuts compared to those charged
> by most of the other large services (I too spend a lot of time checking my
> daily reports and making the necessary repairs, enquiries etc).

Interpretation:

Campbell doesn't have the nerve, or competency to compete on an even
plane with his competitors nor the capability of asking clients for the
money that his services are really worth  ....  so he thinks he's
competent because his business is surviving on the fact that he
continuously gets customers by undercharging. He can't even imagine
that he's digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole and that his
successful competitors will walk away thriving while his company has to
continuously run at full speed to survive.