Re: Alarm systems w/o phone line

RH,

Why do you insist that we are "expensive" or gouging? Who the hell else
comes
out to your house for less than a hundred bucks? Are we not at least as
competent as the telcoes?? They command those dollars? Why can't we? Simply
because we pocket, maybe what? 50 or 60 bucks a year? woopdedo, I earn that.
I check every damn account every morning. I can lose a couple of hours easy
chasing down an AC fail or a supervisory.

"RH.Campbell" <rhcampbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> No, once again, you twist the words to suit your own purpose (gotta
remember
> to block your stupidity on this PC as well....)
>
> Free market forces will ultimately determine what rate levels are
tolerable
> for consumers. At the beginning, prices will be high, both because of
those
> who choose to gouge, but mostly because of the economics of scale. Over
> time, prices always go down, as demand increases, output volumes increase,
> and the economies of scale coupled with competitive market forces drive
> pricing downwards (simple Economics 101 in case you didn't get that far in
> school....and the oil industry notably excepted). However, there will
always
> be those in every industry who gouge, and even try to artificially justify
> it through claims of better service or what have you. That doesn't make it
> acceptable !
>
> Clearly there is an acceptance of unneeded long term contracts in the
market
> place. If there wasn't, most dealers like you would be out of business, or
> have a much harder time of it. And the ADT's of the world simply wouldn't
be
> able to survive in a world where consumers would never tolerate
outrageously
> high prices and poor service, and would reward them with astronomically
high
> attrition rates (even higher than they are now). Thankfully, the growth of
> the $10 direct to end user monitoring is rapidly growing in the market
> place, which hopefully will put some of the needed pressure on our
industry
> to clean up their act. Or conversely, it could actually make it even
worse,
> with alarm dealers feeling they need even more the reassurance of long
term
> contracts to keep their clients from migrating to lower cost sources.
>
> Ultimately, it will be consumers who will force the industry direction.
But