Re: Newbie help - Caddx NX8e fire alarm reset

On 7 Aug 2005 19:08:02 -0700, "Wambro" <wambro01@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Oh, to be clear, I was thinking about dropping the 1K resistor in
> parallel across the C and NO terminals of the last smoke, not the Caddx
> NX8e.  Thanks

Adding a resistor in parallel will not add to the present value.
It will decrease it.  To be specific, a 1K Ohm resistor in
parallel with a 2.2K Ohm resistor would give you roughly 680
Ohms.  That's not precise, but neither is the nominal value of
the resistor.

Your best bet will be to either open the EOL relay and install
the additional resistor in series with the existing resistor or
replace the EOL relay.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass