Newbie help - Caddx NX8e fire alarm reset

Hello,
I decided to jump into installing my own system in my new home and was
bench testing a smoke (DSC FSA-410BST).  I tripped the system for fire
on the bench and then shut it down by simply pulling the plug.  Now
when I installed the panel in the home plus the 10 DSA smokes (EOL
relay plus prm-4W module) in sequence and hooked it all up, the panel
keeps flashing "Fire" and Zone 8 trouble.  It is also annoying in that
the sounder inside the keypads (both are LCD pads) keeps going off and
is only silenced temporarily by pressing a key.  I did a panel reset
(*8, 9713, 910#), but nothing seems to reset the "fire" condition.  How
the heck do I reset this?  Thanks!