Re: Lufkin Security Experiances

Hey... on this ADT takeover I did the other day; 10SE, 5881M, and =
5800TM. The 5800TM went missing for 1 minute...exactly when the client =
was trying to arm with the 5804BD. Panel sent Abort (no alarm) and =
Trouble on 5800TM and immediate Restoral. Weird?

For some weird reason ADT installed this entirely wireless panel on the =
floor in a closet with mirrored doors. Paulie's world? or just a fluke?

"Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> The problems start when you have sensors outside the house and in some =
cases
> the 5881 won't do well either
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <NONE@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> 1200 sq ft house...6150rf shouldnt be a problem. I just did one in a =
2800 sq
> ft house. 6150rf was 40' maybe from the farthest xmtr.
>=20
>=20
> "Russ Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Mike" <reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for all the replies, im going to place the order shortly =
and ill
> > > start another thread with my success story.
> > > I like the lay it out in the living room idea and will heed that =
advice.
> > > One other question about panel and keypad locations.
> > > Let me start off by saying this is a small 1200 sq. ft house in a =
pretty
> > > decent neighborhood. Not concerned with burglars of the =
professional
> type,
> > > but more the teenage hoodlums and the like.
> > > My plan is to locate the panel in the basement workshop which is =
out of
> > > sight from windows and anyone who may walk through the basement. =
Then
> put
> > > the 6160 keypad in the master bedroon and the 6150RF inside the =
front
> > door.
> > > One motion on each floor and 2 door contacts to start with a =
possible
> 3rd
> > > for a future addition and i may put a wireless contact out on the =
shed.
> > > Any thoughts on the locations and proposed set up would be =
appreciated.

> > For the best possible range I'd use the 5881ENM receiver instead of =
the
> > 6150RF keypad..... The 5881ENM uses two full sized quarter wave =
antennas,
> > not the compromise antenna used in the 6150RF..... Just my 1/2 cent, =
Russ