Re: Glass breaks again...

> Norm:
>
> You have obviously not dealt with anyone
> that's an orthodox Jew.  Do a Google.  On
> the Sabbath they're not supposed to push
> any buttons or use electricity (can't disarm
> their home security system, dial the phone
> or even turn on a light switch).

The same applies to certain holy days.  One thing that makes the job more
complex is that the Orthodox calendar is not the same as ours.  Every year
the holiday dates need to be reprogrammed.  Napco makes this a bit easier by
providing a "holiday schedule" in their downloader.  I kept a separate
sub-directory for Orthodox homes and synagogues.  Each year I would change
the dates for each account and then download the changes.  Also, rather than
adjust activities to match sunset every day the custom is to assign an
"official" sunset time several times a year.  We changed the times using
Napco's event timer table periodically to keep the systems in tune with
their requirements.

I've had a few Orthodox DIY customers contact me over the years that I've
been selling online.  Most really appreciate being able to automate the
alarm system to make it compliant with Jewish observances.

If any dealers (except Mugford, of course) want to learn how to configure a
Napco system for Orthodox clients, feel free to contact me.  It's not all
that complicated but you need to set up certain scheduled sequences to avoid
causing false alarms using the auto-arm and auto-bypass features.  Although
Napco makes it significantly easier to accomplish this it can also be done
using other systems.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass