Re: Glass breaks again...

> True story but I can't find a url...a home in a
> Jewish section of Brooklyn burnt down early Monday...the oven was believed
> to have
> been left on for almost 3 days due to the
> Sabbath...

It was an apartment but basically you're right.  Here are news stories on
it:
http://cbsnewyork.com/topstories/topstoriesny_story_115110829.html
http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=9&aid=50349

Interestingly, the Orthodox can operate a gas stove during yom tov (holiday)
and shabbos as long as there is a pilot light.  Electronic igniters are not
to be used.  The reason is that Jewish law prohibits starting a fire or
extinguishing one (except to save a life) during these times.  If there's a
pilot light the stove can be operated without violating law.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics