Re: Multimedia

Products like ours are pretty much what it sounds like you are looking for.
We can provide the front end for your on-disc or changer based media, and
provide multiple zones of audio from the PC, which you can either hard wire
to specific zones or run into a matrix switcher to allow selection of which
zone you want to pipe were, and we provide control over all the hardware and
provide the touch screen interfaces to control it all. Now product is really
oriented towards pros, so it's not an end user out of the box solution. It
requires you to put in some elbow grease or hire someone to do it. But in
return you get the flexibility to create a solution along the lines you
want.

Plenty of our customers do this kind of scenarios. Put a 4 channel M-Audio
card in the box, each of which looks like a separate audio device, and you
can play audio from disc out each channel. Provide a touch screen in each
zone and you can browse the database and select what you want to hear. It
makes even more sense if you then branch out and use the automaition
features of the product, since you are then getting more bang for the buck.

Here are some sample interfaces to show what kind of stuff you can do:

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web/Gallery/CQCDemo1/MusicOverlay.jpg
http://www.charmedquark.com/Web/Gallery/CQCDemo1/MoviesOverlay.jpg
http://www.charmedquark.com/Web/Gallery/CQCDemo1/CurMusicOverlay.jpg

http://www.charmedquark.com/Web2/Downloads/MiscImages/AlanBrowseMovies.png