Re: Multimedia

Steve,

Oxmoor is a company who for years has put audio into big places, like
hotels.

http://www.oxmoor.com/main.html

Then make a whole house audio system, called the ZON system. Pronounced
"Zone"

http://www.zonaudio.com/products/

Read all about it... The wiring couldn't be simpler.

As many as 8 input modules, in addition to their router's own input -
allow for 9 different sources. Analog, or digital (coax or optical.)

The system is not inexpensive, and out of the price range of most...

Now, that said...

Don't buy today!

They're coming out with two new systems aimed at lower price points.

I'm expecting them to announce one of them in the next couple of weeks.

The other is probably close behind...

To give you an idea: The ZON system (at MSRP) costs about $1k per room.
They've priced the new systems at $500/per room, and $250/room...

I have no idea what this'll look like, but I expect excellent quality.

The ZON's sound quality is higher than that of the Russound, from the
reviews I have read. I have not listened to them both.

After the first of the year they can get back to the ZON system's
developments, etc. Always making improvements...

I am impressed at the quality of the ZON products. All very well
engineered. Much thought went into this stuff. They spent years
developing it prior to it's release. And that was years ago.

And on a separate note...

Have you seen Rudeo?

Rudeo is software for a PDA to control your media center, or Windows
Media Player.

It can also control external UPnP client boxes... Wireless Media Players...

These could be input sources for any whole-house audio system.

I really like Rudeo on my wireless PDA. I've even run it on multiple
PDAs at the same time. I could hit pause - my buddy hits play... I
adjust the volume - they skip to the next track, etc.

All in real time, and very responsive!

I haven't tried the IR remote functionality... yet.

I sincerely hope this helps open your eyes further to the possibilities.

Eyes wide open, now wait to go shopping! Half-a month isn't long to
wait, just in case the new Oxmoor stuff is cool!

Jack
:)