Re: Multimedia

IVB/ohno

The Russound system looks like what I am looking for.  At least the
wall panels are perfect.  I like the look and they are in my price
range (I was thinking $100 - $200 each).  The only problem I see is
that from what I have read (if someone knows differently, please
correct me) those wall panels only work with Russound media servers.
What I'm looking for is to be able to use those wall panels or a
similar type with any Windows PC.  I'm assuming that for a system like
this to work via any Windows PC I would need at least a special type of
expansion card and some software, but I would prefer that to buying a
receiver.

At the same time, you've given me quite a lot to think about.  What are
my ultimate goals of this system?  Ultimatelty, years down the road I
might look at a system that allows me to receive video from different
sources in each room, as well as environmental and security controls,
but for the short term, the distribution of MP3's, radio, possibly XM,
in each room is project enough.

Thanks again for the help!