Re: Zoneminder

Quoting James (2/20/06 5:31 PM):
> The display messages can have two urls set. One is a image to go along
> with the display and one is the url to go to when the display is
> clicked. What i was assuming was that when motion occurs the display
> pops up showing the live video and when clicked takes you to the event
> that triggered the popup.

Ok--thanks for the clarification on these points as well as supplying a
sample message.

> You idea about the ability to include special
> variables sounds ideal.

Excellent.  I have variable substitution working for the first display
line and will soon apply to the second--as well as the Pic and Link
elements so that minor syntax tweaks to the URLs will be possible w/o me
immediately creating a new release.

> There is going to need to be some kind of per camera config, only time
> will tell how much. Things like different priorities, send only during
> certain time frame etc but tbh until it's in use i'm not totally sure
> how much is needed, hopefully not alot!

I'm pulling as much from directly applicable ZM config options as I can.
Those tend to be global across all monitors.  Per-monitor config
changes should probably be deferred until I consider a totally different
config structure than what exists now.

> I don't think anything is needed
> to be sent at the end of the event.

Ok--good.

> I'm going to have a little play with the Intranet Launcher's display
and
> get it to support the image tag as well as the link.

I'll have to learn to use this ;)

> I'm going to have
> another go at upgrading to 1.22.0..

Given that the above seems to be working well and the other request to
reduce monitor reports to 5 minutes is in place, I will plan on a
release this weekend.  It probably won't include camera control (that
will be next release) but hopefully will address some of the doc
deficiencies.

Gregg