Re: Zoneminder

Quoting James (2/14/06 4:45 PM):
> Greg,
>
> Just installed Zoneminder, 1.21.4 to be precise, and have got my cctv
> stuff runing through it successfully . You have mentioned you have
some
> xAP code for it and i was wondering if it was available.

Yes--for the time being, you can get it at http://limings.net/xap/zmxap.
(I hope to eventually get a proper "host" for this and other
apps).
There is a README in the package.  Documentation, however, is notably
lacking.  Further, I really need to document the tentative VMI (Video
Motion Integration) schema that I tried to make as non-zm-like as
possible (i.e., remove the zm-idioms).

I'd appreciate all feedback.

> The two things
> i would like to do would be to have messages sent on motion detection
> and for a xAP message to trigger a recording from a camera.  That way
> can use camera motion detection as a sort of occupancy sensor for
> Floorplan and get sensors linked into Floorplan, like door and window,
> to start recordings.

Yep--that's exactly why I created it as I do something very similar in
misterhouse.

>  It would be icing on the cake if the xAP message
> could not only cause the camera to record but to pan/tilt the  camera
> the sensor that was triggered :-)

FYI--one of the output xAP messages is telemetry (x & y position) of
the
alarm "center" (depending on how you setup your zones) while an
alarm is
active. I had intended to use mh or some other xAP "listener" to
compute
trajectory from the telemetry as a basis for providing even better
occupancy "tracking".  This telemetry info is used w/i one of the
zm-specific scripts to control a PTZ.  So, I'm briefly familiar w/ this
area.

That icing is more likely once I get a PTZ ;)  Seriously, though, I had
though about that and would likely make the attempt if there's interest.
I probably need to make getting a base level of documentation and the
asterisk connector out higher priorities though.

> I'm happy to test things if you like too!

I'm glad you mention that since I've not yet migrated to zm v1.21.4.  It
is possible that there might be some problem; so, if you experience any,
then do let me know. I plan to migrate soon. Once I do, I'll revise the
connector to take advantage of the new API that Phil introduced in this
latest release.  It "should" make adding new features like PTZ
control
more practical.