Re: Zoneminder

Gregg Liming wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Firstly, I had made comments about not having upgraded to 1.21.4 and
not
> knowing about compatibility.  I was mistaken--I've not yet upgraded to
> 1.22--which includes a number of new features and most importantly a
> very new API.  You may want to consider upgrading given your camera.
I did try the upgrade but got the dreaded ERR [Unable to find valid 'su'
syntax]  issue. Apparently there is a change in 1.22.1 that should fix
it. So for the moment i'm stuck at 1.21.4

>  is different and I want to limit
> to only the cams that zm supports).  Hopefully, the new API might
> provide a common way of doing so.  Regardless, if the script works for
> your camera, I'll do what I can to provide you control via xAP (might
> have to include make and model in addition to the above
"goto" params if
> there's not a single API).

Anything that uses a common api has got to be the way to go

> mmm... so, are you concerned about zm controlling your cam in a way
> that you don't want if you turn on motion tracking?  My cam is not a
> PTZ; so, I just "lied" to zm ;)

In the current version the motion tracker is not totally successful and
seems to send the camera off the wrong way at times. I was just thinking
they i may lock the camera off in normal operation but would still want
to know via xAP where in the picture the movement occured.  Maybe the
tracker in 1.22 is much better and this won't be an issue or maybe i
just havn't got it all setup right!

James