Re: Zoneminder

Hi James,

Firstly, I had made comments about not having upgraded to 1.21.4 and not
knowing about compatibility.  I was mistaken--I've not yet upgraded to
1.22--which includes a number of new features and most importantly a
very new API.  You may want to consider upgrading given your camera. I
will likely make another release to address your comments to date
(excepting PTZ support) and then specifically (i.e., only) target zm
1.22.0 from then on.  So, upgrades would then be encouraged. See below.

Quoting James (2/15/06 4:01 PM):

>> Meanwhile, can
>> you tell me either on- or off-list what PTZ camera you are using
and how
>> you want it controlled?
>>
> It's just a Panasonic BL-C10. I was just after a cheap ip camera and
> this one came in at £110 and it has pan and tilt as a bonus. I
would
> hardly call it earth shattering quality but it's easily good enough!
> I suppose the ideal control would be to either send a 'goto preset 4'
> message and optionally a 'goto x=23 y=99' and i suppose as some
cameras
> are going to have zoom and focus it should really be 'goto x=23 y=99
z=5
> f=-3'

I noticed in zm 1.22.0 that a new script exists for controlling
panasonic IP cameras.  It doesn't enumerate which models are supported;
perhaps the forum might give you some sense.  Alternatively, you could
just give it a try.

If/when you decide to upgrade to 1.22, I would ask that you try to
manually use the script and see if it works for your camera.  Meanwhile,
I'll try to think of a way to properly interface w/ all of the various
PTZ scripts out there (as each camera is different and I want to limit
to only the cams that zm supports).  Hopefully, the new API might
provide a common way of doing so.  Regardless, if the script works for
your camera, I'll do what I can to provide you control via xAP (might
have to include make and model in addition to the above "goto"
params if
there's not a single API).

> Also just wondering. You mention in the readme that 'Track Motion'
needs
> to be turned on to enable x,y reporting. Is there a way of reporting
the
> x,y of motion if trackmotion is not on?

No, that's a real hack and hope it won't have to remain that way.  Zm
only exports telemetry info through shared memory when the settings are
that way.  I'm sure that can be eventually changed as it doesn't make
much sense.  My cam is not PTZ and yet I have it configured thusly.

> The camera is still on motion
> detection mode just not track motion

Hmmm... so, are you concerned about zm controlling your cam in a way
that you don't want if you turn on motion tracking?  My cam is not a
PTZ; so, I just "lied" to zm ;)