Re: Zoneminder

--------------000808050102040209010801

Gregg,

Could i add a request tothe next version.  In the VMI.AlarmEvent can you
include the URL of the camera's live jpeg as in
http://192.168.0.92/cgi-bin/zm/zms?mode=single&monitor=2&scale=100&rand=1140377507

With this info I can get xAP Desktop and later windows MCE to popup on
an event and show a liveish video of what is going on.

Actually now i think on this it would be really ideal and better than
the above suggestion for the ZM plugin to use this schema for events: (
in addition to the vmi one)
http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9
It would be then directly supported by most display devices already.  It
would also be a nice introduction to xAP to Zoneminder people as having
ZM events appearing on networked pcs I can see been a very nice feature.
I'm also getting further with my PTZ issues. Turns out most were down to
two things. Firstly the 'Return to' feature doesn't work for Preset1,
does for Home. That left the camera in odd positions. Secondly the
camera's pir was causing the camera to re-centre on each detection and
then ZM re-moved the camera - a true CCTV yo-yo.

James

Gregg Liming wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Quoting James (2/16/06 4:20 PM):
>
>> Gregg Liming wrote:
>>
>>> Firstly, I had made comments about not having upgraded to
1.21.4 and not
>>> knowing about compatibility.  I was mistaken--I've not yet
upgraded to
>>> 1.22--which includes a number of new features and most
importantly a
>>> very new API.  You may want to consider upgrading given your
camera.

>> I did try the upgrade but got the dreaded ERR [Unable to find
valid 'su'
>> syntax]  issue. Apparently there is a change in 1.22.1 that should
fix
>> it. So for the moment i'm stuck at 1.21.4
>>

> I understand. I just upgraded today and the difference between
versions
> is considerable (e.g., defining zones as polygons!).  The downside is
> that I can't easily go back to 1.21.4. Fortunately, I got useful xAP
> events out w/o any tweaks to the connector.  So, zm upgrades could
occur
> before I get the next version out.  All future work, however, will
> target 1.22.x.
>

>> In the current version the motion tracker is not totally
successful and
>> seems to send the camera off the wrong way at times. I was just
thinking
>> they i may lock the camera off in normal operation but would still
want
>> to know via xAP where in the picture the movement occured.  Maybe
the
>> tracker in 1.22 is much better and this won't be an issue or maybe
>> just havn't got it all setup right!
>>

> Unfortunately, I can't easily get back to the 1.21.4 interface to
check.
>  However, in 1.22.0, I was able to mark my cam as non-controlled
(which
> it isn't anyway) and enable motion tracking.  Telemetry reporting is
> occurring.  This suggests to me that 1.22.0 overcomes the problem that
> you mention wrt undesirable PTZ motion control. For anyone following
> this thread that doesn't have a PTZ, you shouldn't be affected.
>
> BTW:  I definitely will be supporting PTZ cam control via xAP; but it
> will be in a 1.22.x version :(.
>
> Gregg
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------000808050102040209010801

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Gregg,<br>
Could i add a request tothe next version.&nbsp; In the VMI.AlarmEvent
can
you include the URL of the camera's live jpeg as in <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://192.168.0.92/cgi-bin/zm/zms?mode=single&monitor=2&scale=100&rand=1140377507";>http://192.168.0.92/cgi-bin/zm/zms?mode=single&amp;monitor=2&amp;scale=100&amp;rand=1140377507</a><br>
With this info I can get xAP Desktop and later windows MCE to popup on
an event and show a liveish video of what is going on.<br>
Actually now i think on this it would be really ideal and better than
the above suggestion for the ZM plugin to use this schema for events: (
in addition to the vmi one)<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=9</a><br>
It would be then directly supported by most display devices
already.&nbsp;
It would also be a nice introduction to xAP to Zoneminder people as
having ZM events appearing on networked pcs I can see been a very nice
feature.<br>
I'm also getting further with my PTZ issues. Turns out most were down
to two things. Firstly the 'Return to' feature doesn't work for
Preset1, does for Home. That left the camera in odd positions. Secondly
the camera's pir was causing the camera to re-centre on each detection
and then ZM re-moved the camera - a true CCTV yo-yo.<br>
James<br>
Gregg Liming wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi James,

Quoting James (2/16/06 4:20 PM):
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Gregg Liming wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Firstly, I had made comments about not having
upgraded to 1.21.4 and not
knowing about compatibility.  I was mistaken--I've not yet upgraded to
1.22--which includes a number of new features and most importantly a
very new API.  You may want to consider upgrading given your camera.
</pre>
<pre wrap="">I did try the upgrade but got the dreaded ERR
[Unable to find valid 'su'
syntax]  issue. Apparently there is a change in 1.22.1 that should fix
it. So for the moment i'm stuck at 1.21.4

</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
I understand. I just upgraded today and the difference between versions
is considerable (e.g., defining zones as polygons!).  The downside is
that I can't easily go back to 1.21.4. Fortunately, I got useful xAP
events out w/o any tweaks to the connector.  So, zm upgrades could occur
before I get the next version out.  All future work, however, will
target 1.22.x.

</pre>
<pre wrap="">In the current version the motion tracker is
not totally successful and
seems to send the camera off the wrong way at times. I was just thinking
they i may lock the camera off in normal operation but would still want
to know via xAP where in the picture the movement occured.  Maybe the
tracker in 1.22 is much better and this won't be an issue or maybe i