Re: axc - asterisk xAP connector

Hi,

Just staring to look at it now and it seems to work very well so far and
as it uses the normal schemas it links in with xSwitchboard too :-)
For those not totally comfortable with unix I detailed what I did to get
it installed, this is probably useful for those using asterisk@home

Logon locally to the asterisk box or to do this remotely from a windows pc:

Install putty  -  http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe
Run putty and enter the ip address of asterisk and make sure ssh is
selected ( port 22 )
connect to asterisk@home box

login in as root

type the following - remember linux is case sensitive

wget http://limings.net/xap/axc/axc-0.1.tar.gz
tar -xzf axc-0.1.tar.gz
yum install perl-Time-HiRes
cp axc.conf.sample axc.conf
cd ..
mv axc-0.1 /usr/share/axc
cd /usr/share/axc
nano axc.conf

use the cursor keys to scroll down and find a line that starts uid=
Assuming you havn't changed usernames and password in asterisk change
the lines to:
uid=admin
pwd=amp111

keep scrolling down until the monitored_extensions= line
here enter a comma seperated list of the extension you want to be
xAPped. These are not the SIP names like SIP/200 just reference names
that will be used further on in the config file and also in the xAP
messages.

For each of the references you create a definition. This is a few line
long and will look like this

[Reference_Name]
channel = SIP/200
incoming = incomingline
outgoing = outgoingline

The [Refernce_Name] should be exactly the same as the entries in the
monitored_extensions= line. Channel is the actual device name of your
telephone. Incoming and outgoing are references that you will define in
the next step. These refer to you actual telephone lines. Repeat this
secion for each of you monitored_extensions.

For each incoming and outgoing reference you need to create a definition

[Reference_Name]
incoming_channel= SIP/820
outgoing_channel= SIP/822
country_code=44
network_type=PSTN
dial_context=internal

Save the config file
Press ctrl x , press Y, then enter

To start the xAP connector type:
/usr/share/axc/axc.pl
If it doesn't work right press CTRL+C and have a look at the log file it
makes by typing nano /usr/share/axc/axs.log

To start the xAP connector at bootup
nano /etc/rc.local
After the last line add
/usr/share/axc/axc.pl &
(To exit and save - press ctrl x , press Y, then enter)

hth

James