Re: Zoneminder

--------------090209020304060200090906

The display messages can have two urls set. One is a image to go along
with the display and one is the url to go to when the display is
clicked. What i was assuming was that when motion occurs the display
pops up showing the live video and when clicked takes you to the event
that triggered the popup. You idea about the ability to include special
variables sounds ideal. A good guess on a typical display message would be:
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF234806
class=Message.Display
source=zm.server.myhouse:FrontDoor
}
Display.Text
{
line1=CCTV - <Monitor Name>
line2=Motion detected
duration=60
priority=1
}
Display.Web
{
Pic=http://192.168.0.92/cgi-bin/zm/zms?mode=single&monitor=2&scale=100
Refresh=0.1
Link=http://192.168.0.92/zm/index.php?view=event&eid=2589
}

There is going to need to be some kind of per camera config, only time
will tell how much. Things like different priorities, send only during a
certain time frame etc but tbh until it's in use i'm not totally sure
how much is needed, hopefully not alot! I don't think anything is needed
to be sent at the end of the event.

I'm going to have a little play with the Intranet Launcher's display and
get it to support the image tag as well as the link.  I'm going to have
another go at upgrading to 1.22.0..

James

Gregg Liming wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Quoting James (2/19/06 2:54 PM):
>
>> Gregg,
>>
>> Could i add a request tothe next version.
>>

> Sure!
>

>> In the VMI.AlarmEvent can you
>> include the URL of the camera's live jpeg as in
>> http://192.168.0.92/cgi-bin/zm/zms?mode=single&monitor=2&scale=100&rand=1140377507
>>
>> With this info I can get xAP Desktop and later windows MCE to
popup on
>> an event and show a liveish video of what is going on.
>>
>> Actually now i think on this it would be really ideal and better
than
>> the above suggestion for the ZM plugin to use this schema for
events: (
>> in addition to the vmi one)
>> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9
>>

> I think that's a much idea than "munging" the vmi schema.
Can you
> provide me (either on or off-list) a sample of which fields of the
> Display schema are filled w/ what zone minder information?  As an
> example, I could include the monitor's name as some text that goes
into
> "line1", etc.  Or, more powerfully, I could allow the text
inserted into
> each Line to be a regular expression to include certain special
> variables (e.g., <monitor_name>).
>
> Just to clarify, the URL above is a "live view URL--not the URL
for an
> alarmed event.  That means that whatever caused the alarm may or may
not
> still be visible by the time that a user decides to look (and whatever
> delays might be encountered by grabbing the images).  Since there are
2
> URLs (a URL and a Link), maybe one could be used for live and the
other
> for the alarmed event?
>
> Should anything be sent when the alarm ends (wrt Display)?
>

>> I'm also getting further with my PTZ issues. Turns out most were
down to
>> two things. Firstly the 'Return to' feature doesn't work for
Preset1,
>> does for Home. That left the camera in odd positions. Secondly the
>> camera's pir was causing the camera to re-centre on each detection
and
>> then ZM re-moved the camera - a true CCTV yo-yo.
>>

> I had also thought that I had seen some reference to pre 1.22.0 being
> somewhat buggy in this area.  However, this brings up a good point of
> discussion--how to resolve control "master".  If I allow xAP
messages to
> control camera positioning, then I would think that I should also
force
> zm to no longer control positioning--else you get a "fight"
going as
> observed above.  I'm pretty sure that I can remote disable zm's
control,
> but that also implies that I will need to support a zm control
"resume"
> command via xAP.  Unfortunately, there's nothing that I can do about
> localized camera control (e.g., your cam's PIR).
>
> I also plan to introduce additional support for temporary zm motion
> event "suppressions" and "resume" so that the
simple act of moving a
> camera doesn't introduce artificial alarms.  Initially, this would be
> manual (i.e., the xAP "controller" would need to send out
these
> messages).  Later, I could add logic to automatically apply them on a
> xAP-initiated "move".  This could also be useful to reduce
false alarms
> if you know (from other HA-sensors) that a camera should be allowed to
> create alarms for a brief period.
>
> FWIW: I've now fully switched to the new 1.22.0 API and plan on some
> sort of a next release by next weekend.  The implication is that all
> future zmxap releases will require zm 1.22.x.
>
> Gregg
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------090209020304060200090906

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

The display messages can have two urls set. One is a image to go along
with the display and one is the url to go to when the display is
clicked. What i was assuming was that when motion occurs the display
pops up showing the live video and when clicked takes you to the event
that triggered the popup. You idea about the ability to include special
variables sounds ideal. A good guess on a typical display message would
be:<br>
xap-header<br>
{<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; v=12<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hop=1<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; uid=FF234806<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; class=Message.Display<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; source=zm.server.myhouse:FrontDoor<br>
}<br>
Display.Text<br>
{<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; line1=CCTV - &lt;Monitor
Name&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; line2=Motion detected<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; duration=60<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; priority=1<br>
}<br>
Display.Web<br>
{<br>
Pic=<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://192.168.0.92/cgi-bin/zm/zms?mode=single&monitor=2&scale=100";>http://192.168.0.92/cgi-bin/zm/zms?mode=single&amp;monitor=2&amp;scale=100</a><br>
Refresh=0.1<br>
Link=<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://192.168.0.92/zm/index.php?view=event&eid=2589";>http://192.168.0.92/zm/index.php?view=event&amp;eid=2589</a><br>
}<br>
There is going to need to be some kind of per camera config, only time
will tell how much. Things like different priorities, send only during
a certain time frame etc but tbh until it's in use i'm not totally sure
how much is needed, hopefully not alot! I don't think anything is
needed to be sent at the end of the event.<br>
I'm going to have a little play with the Intranet Launcher's display
and get it to support the image tag as well as the link.&nbsp; I'm
going to
have another go at upgrading to 1.22.0..<br>
James<br>
Gregg Liming wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Hi James,

Quoting James (2/19/06 2:54 PM):
</pre>
<pre wrap="">Gregg,

Could i add a request tothe next version.
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
Sure!

</pre>
<pre wrap="">In the VMI.AlarmEvent can you
include the URL of the camera's live jpeg as in
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://192.168.0.92/cgi-bin/zm/zms?mode=single&monitor=2&scale=100&rand=1140377507";>http://192.168.0.92/cgi-bin/zm/zms?mode=single&amp;monitor=2&amp;scale=100&amp;rand=1140377507</a>

With this info I can get xAP Desktop and later windows MCE to popup on
an event and show a liveish video of what is going on.

Actually now i think on this it would be really ideal and better than
the above suggestion for the ZM plugin to use this schema for events: (
in addition to the vmi one)
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=9";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=9</a>
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->
I think that's a much idea than "munging" the vmi schema.  Can
you
provide me (either on or off-list) a sample of which fields of the
Display schema are filled w/ what zone minder information?  As an
example, I could include the monitor's name as some text that goes into
"line1", etc.  Or, more powerfully, I could allow the text
inserted into
each Line to be a regular expression to include certain special
variables (e.g., &lt;monitor_name&gt;).

Just to clarify, the URL above is a "live view URL--not the URL for an
alarmed event.  That means that whatever caused the alarm may or may not
still be visible by the time that a user decides to look (and whatever
delays might be encountered by grabbing the images).  Since there are 2
URLs (a URL and a Link), maybe one could be used for live and the other
for the alarmed event?

Should anything be sent when the alarm ends (wrt Display)?

</pre>
<pre wrap="">I'm also getting further with my PTZ issues.