Re: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

I've had two pairs of noise cancelling headphones, a cheap Creative
HN700 and now a set of the Bose QuietComfort 3 headphones. The
difference between the two is quite marked. The Bose are comfortable to
wear for long periods of time, the Creative are not. On an aircraft,
they both manage to reduce the background noise level but when used in
quieter surroundings, the Creative set have a constant hiss which is
absent from the Bose set.

If possible, try the headphones on before buying - especially in a quiet
room. Decent noise cancelling headphones should be whisper quiet, the
cheap ones just pump out white noise, which works fine on an aircraft
but sounds awful elsewhere and especially during quiet sections of music.

Geoff

Paul Gale wrote:
> The Bose NC headsets are VERY good - excellent on an aircraft.
>
> Alternatively, there's the (expensive) option of custom earphones
like:

> http://www.customearphones.co.uk/
>
> Weren't these discussed here the other day - or was that another
forum?

> Paul.

headphones...