Latest message you have seen: Re: Flow switch recommendations

RE: CBUS Bus Coupler and light programming problem

Indeed, I thought I'd probably get a rollocking for such heresy!...

I guess as an academic exercise in programming CBUS, it's a perfectly good
=
one. Plus I guess if there just happens to be spare capacity ona 4-channel
=
output unit, then why not...

Paul G.

(despite there
> being a CBUS panel in that very room). The switch cost almost nothing,
> - =A32 or =A33 IIRC, when the door is open the light is on, when the
door
> is closed the light is off. Simple, reliable, cheap.  With CBUS
costing
> something in the order of =A3100/channel it seemed absurd to me to use
it
> for such a "noddy" application where the fact of it being
CBUS added no
> extra functionality or useability over & above that provided by a
> simple mechanical switch. - Just IMHO of course!
>=20
> Take a look around any Ikea or MFI or the like these days, and all the
> wardrobes they sell have this arrangement as an option...
>=20
> I *am* a big CBUS fan by the way!
>=20
> Paul G.
>=20
>=20

"break" when
> the
> > door
> >   is open then you may find that the action is the wrong way
round
> and
> > the
> >   light only comes on when the doors are closed...
> >
> >   Phil
> >
> >   > I've put this on the CBUS forums but not much response so
can I
> ask
> >   > you guys.
> >   >
> >   > I have connected a bus coupler to a micro switch on a
bedroom
> > wardrobe
> >   > door and paralleld the connections to another micro-switch
on the
> > 2nd
> >   > door. I have set the contacts so that opening the door
makes the
> > circuit.
> >   >
> >   > I would like opening the door to control the under cabinet
> lighting
> >   > have put in the wardrobe.
> >   >
> >   > I have had a play with the toolkit but can not get the
operation
> >   > exactly how I would like.
> >   >
> >   > It seems to me that a single toggle operation is a
complete