From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of P=
aul Gordon
Sent: 22 July 2008 13:18
To: UKHA Group
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] CBUS Bus Coupler and light programming problem

I know I should probably hung as a heretic for saying this but...

Wouldn't it have been massively simpler & cheaper to use a dedicated
plunge=
r switch of the type designed for *exactly* this purpose?... - I have this
=
arrangement on my "pantry" door in the kitchen (despite there
being a CBUS =
panel in that very room). The switch cost almost nothing, - =A32 or =A33
II=
RC, when the door is open the light is on, when the door is closed the
ligh=
t is off. Simple, reliable, cheap.  With CBUS costing something in the
orde=
r of =A3100/channel it seemed absurd to me to use it for such a
"noddy" app=
lication where the fact of it being CBUS added no extra functionality or
us=
eability over & above that provided by a simple mechanical switch. -
Just I=
MHO of course!

Take a look around any Ikea or MFI or the like these days, and all the
ward=
robes they sell have this arrangement as an option...

I *am* a big CBUS fan by the way!

Paul G.

"break" when the