CBUS Bus Coupler and light programming problem

  • Subject: CBUS Bus Coupler and light programming problem
  • From: "andy_walkuk" <andy_walkuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:45:58 -0000

I've put this on the CBUS forums but not much response so can I ask
you guys.

I have connected a bus coupler to a micro switch on a bedroom wardrobe
door and paralleld the connections to another micro-switch on the 2nd
door. I have set the contacts so that opening the door makes the circuit.

I would like opening the door to control the under cabinet lighting I
have put in the wardrobe.

I have had a play with the toolkit but can not get the operation
exactly how I would like.

It seems to me that a single toggle operation is a complete sequence
of the contacts closing and then opening again. This makes the light
come on when the door is opened, however it stays on when the door is
closed but then opening it again is a 2nd toggle which makes it go off
which is completely wrong.

I can't figure out the correct toolkit settings. I guess that a short
button press is not an issue with a bus coupler.

My ideal operation would be door opening triggers lights to ramp on
over 4 seconds and a timer which turns them off after 2 mins if the
door is left open. Also, the door closing turns them off immediately.

Can this be done with a bus-coupler, I don't have a PAC?