Latest message you have seen: Re: What did Santa Bring?

Re: CBUS Bus Coupler and light programming problem

  • Subject: Re: CBUS Bus Coupler and light programming problem
  • From: "andy_walkuk" <andy_walkuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 19:48:22 -0000

Ok Paul, I hear what you are saying, but, in my defense:-

1) where is the fun in that?
2) 8 channel dimmer with PSU - =A3246 EBAY from ozzy land, un-used since
Jan 08 begging to be fitted (=A330/chan) excl. PSU
3) 4 chan bus coupler =3D =A343.50 EBAY UK (un-used since march)
4) at 6AM in total darkness don't really want 80W of light switching
on immediately, nice to have a gradual ramp to set value, possibly=20
based on time of day (future).
5) if door/s are left open 80W could be burning away all day, nice to
have a 2 minute timeout.

Cheers
Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul@...> wrote:

> I know I should probably hung as a heretic for saying this but...
>=20
> Wouldn't it have been massively simpler & cheaper to use a
dedicated
plunger switch of the type designed for *exactly* this purpose?... - I
have this arrangement on my "pantry" door in the kitchen (despite
there being a CBUS panel in that very room). The switch cost almost
nothing, - =A32 or =A33 IIRC, when the door is open the light is on, when
the door is closed the light is off. Simple, reliable, cheap.  With
CBUS costing something in the order of =A3100/channel it seemed absurd
to me to use it for such a "noddy" application where the fact of
it
being CBUS added no extra functionality or useability over & above
that provided by a simple mechanical switch. - Just IMHO of course!
>=20
> Take a look around any Ikea or MFI or the like these days, and all
the wardrobes they sell have this arrangement as an option...
>=20
> I *am* a big CBUS fan by the way!
>=20
> Paul G.
>=20
>=20
you'll
need
> > a custom key config.
> > In the channel functions (advanced) dialog set up your own key
> > functions
> >=20
> >=20
> > Short press - ramp recall 1      - set recall 1 to 100% in blocks
> > section- this will slowly ramp the light on when contact is first
made
> > Short release - off                 - if door closes - light off
> > immediately
> > Long press - retirgger timer - set timer time and trigger
function as
> > off in the blocks section Long release - off
> >=20
> > If you are confused with this email me directly will send a
screen
shot
> >=20
> > I havent tested this but it might work!!!
> >=20
> > So door opens making contact - short press fires which is ramp
lights
> > on
> > - long press fires if door remains open so a timer is set for 2
minutes
> > to turn light off At any time if door closed the contact is
opened so
> > long or short release is fired turning off light,
> >=20
> > Let us know if it works,
> > Martin
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
"break" when the
> > door
> >   is open then you may find that the action is the wrong way
round and
> > the
> >   light only comes on when the doors are closed...
> >=20
> >   Phil
> >=20
> >   > I've put this on the CBUS forums but not much response so
can
I ask
> >   > you guys.
> >   >
> >   > I have connected a bus coupler to a micro switch on a
bedroom
> > wardrobe
> >   > door and paralleld the connections to another micro-switch
on the
> > 2nd
> >   > door. I have set the contacts so that opening the door
makes the
> > circuit.
> >   >
> >   > I would like opening the door to control the under cabinet
lighting
> >   > have put in the wardrobe.
> >   >
> >   > I have had a play with the toolkit but can not get the
operation
> >   > exactly how I would like.
> >   >
> >   > It seems to me that a single toggle operation is a
complete
> > sequence
> >   > of the contacts closing and then opening again. This makes
the
> > light
> >   > come on when the door is opened, however it stays on when
the door
> > is
> >   > closed but then opening it again is a 2nd toggle which
makes it go
> > off
> >   > which is completely wrong.
> >   >
> >   > I can't figure out the correct toolkit settings. I guess
that a
> > short
> >   > button press is not an issue with a bus coupler.
> >   >
> >   > My ideal operation would be door opening triggers lights
ramp on
> >   > over 4 seconds and a timer which turns them off after 2
mins
if the