RE: Re: Lighting Options ....

I didn't mean to in any shape or form put you off - I my case it
wasn't easy due to the layout of the existing wiring - but it's absolutely
worth it as CBus is so flexible :)

And just to re-iterate my latest post - do have a look at the Aux Input
modules too - these can turn a standard momentary push switch into a CBus
input with great success. I went a bit overboard and now have 14 x DLT LCD
switches in most prominent locations but in areas that aren't so important
(2,3,4th guest bedrooms) I kept the old Wandsworth momentary switches. All
works very nicely together.

Paul.

wrote:

> > Richard
> >
> > I am not 100% familiar with X10 having gone down the CBUS route
from
> > the outset but if I understand you correctly you already have the
X10

wrote:

> > > Hi Richard,
> > >
> > > I did indeed replace the X10 with CBus - but it wasn't a
simple
> > job. When I installed the X10 system, we did a retro-install and
> > changed a lot of the house wiring. We had to modify a fair bit of
> > this to accommodate the new CBus install. Running Cat5/CBus cable
> > could also be an issue - we used a mix of existing Cat5 (that I'd
> > previously run to some light switches and also a lot of new pink
CBus
> > cable. So unfortunately, it's not a simple swap X10 for CBus
install
> :
> > (
> > >
> > > Ben here on the list did the work for me - took about 5 x 12
hr
> > days to do it. The system is not yet fully complete - the loft
> > conversion will also be added in shortly - this has 2 x high wire
LV
> > systems, bathroom LV lights, 6 x 5A dedicated lighting sockets
and 3
> > x sets of RGB LED stainless steel floor marker lights
(controllable
> > via DMX).
> > >
> > > HTH a bit?
> > >
> > > Paul.

> [...]