NEW HA PROJECT

  • Subject: NEW HA PROJECT
  • From: "c8les" <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 05:52:23 -0000

Hello,

I am looking to install some Home Automation.

I have currently re-wired upstairs in a star configuration with
Cat5e and twin and earth for all power circuits. I've bragged about
this stuff so much to my wife and its still not working. Although
most of the lights are 'temporarily' wired, and can be switched
on/off quite safely, with rubber gloves!!(Hope no one from IET is
here!)

Initially, I would like to install the following, but am looking for
a good quality base system, so that additions can be done when I
start downstairs;

Touch Screen in each room (4 off ) and one on landing area to
control the following.

Control of lights, on-off and dim.
Control of Electric under-floor heating.
Control of Electric Window Blinds.
Able to call up existing CCTV system.

I would like to install/program all items myself. What I would like
to know, is what would you experianced people recomend, and where
can I get the necessary equipment?

The problem I'm finding is that many manufacturers want
an 'installer' to do the work - One, I cant afford it, and Two,
Thats money I could be spending on more Home Automation Toys.
Maybe I'm just not speaking to the correct person(s)?????

Kind regards,

Aaron Coles