Re: Lighting Options ....

  • Subject: Re: Lighting Options ....
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:01:19 -0000

Phil

I take the point about what's officially supported recommended but
just to clarify do all the switches basically use a single pair of
wires for signalling?

Or... do some of the smarter switches use multiple pairs?

I see I can use the existing momentary switches with one of these aux
unit or similar but can I put the proper 'pretty' CBus switches on too?

Thanks - sorry if dumb question.

Richard

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> OK - not that I'm condoning it but I have seen C-Bus carried across
all
> sorts of physical media ... certainly mother Schneider wouldn't
support the
> use of anything other than the proper pink (3.5kV insulation rated)
CAT5 but
> I have seen people bridging upstairs and downstairs C-Bus networks
together
> using the run of three-core-and-earth that used to form the link
between
> their upstairs and downstairs hallway light switches, I've seen it
shoved up
> old TV coax cable, bell wire, untwisted metal coathangers ...
believe me I