RE: CBus Toolkit

I have one of the 2400VA ones here at home (not in use, just here for some
testing I was doing) and no, currently office fluorescent fittings don't do
the same things themselves and that's why these devices exist - to apply
full voltage to allow a floor to strike but then throttle back the voltage
once the initial strike surge has passed to give some quite substantial
energy savings.

15 - 20% in many instances.

Remember that these are mainly intended for existing offices as a way of
saving energy with existing lighting installs - there are other ways to
save
energy in new installs such as light level maintenance using dimmable
ballasts and / or external light harvesting.

No use at all for domestic installs though as even the 2400VA unit needs a
minimum loading of about 600w of fluorescents to work and that has to be a
single circuit of fittings ...

Phil