RE: CBus Toolkit

Hi Nigel,

Just having had my CBus install (Ben did all the wiring - and made an
excel=
lent job too!!), I've been through this recently.

First off, there's a more recent version of the Toolkit which has a lot of
=
changes I believe:

http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads

The forums are quite useful too here:

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/

PLUG: Li and Marie at CBus shop are also fantastically helpful and provide
=
a SUPERB!!!! Service if you need any CBus kit. I've always been a fan of
La=
ser Business Systems as they've always been very helpful, incredibly
honest=
and conscientious and have good prices and quick delivery - what more can =
you ask!? END OF PLUG!

They also show a set of useful links here including links to a lot of
train=
ing materials. I found the advanced training course guide quite useful:

http://www.cbus-shop.com/info.php?page=3Dlinks&osCsid=3Ddf06ab66ddb2287e30f=
49a2fb7cfb268

The newer Toolkit also has a help system (based on the old Windows help
sys=
tem - so if you're running Vista, you'll need to download the help files
fr=
om MS). This help is quite difficult to navigate but it contains a wealth
o=
f info.

You should be able to mostly explore the CBus system and possibilities
usin=
g Toolkit alone although those 'sudden realisation moments' do often come
f=
rom playing with a unit and DLT etc.

One thing to note on the download pages is that the 'Version 2' manuals
and=
software are actually the OLD system (from what I understand)! The newer '=
Toolkit' software is v1.6.1 - go figure that one !!! ;)

I hope that helps a bit? Although I'm still a noob at CBus, willing to
answ=
er any questions I can!

Cheers,

Paul.