RE: CBus Toolkit

> 'wonder how the C-Bus worked-out on its first-day out at the
> new stadium

On a project as big and long term as a generic (so as not to encounter the
wrath of any lawyers who may wish to charge huge sums of money now for the
use of specific stadium names) stadium then there is no such thing as a
"first day out" ... The internal lighting for booths, corridors,
offices,
private boxes etc will have been installed for months, maybe even years
beforehand and will have been working via the control modules for all that
time (maybe not by switch control but certainly by manual override from the
control modules themselves).

Even the first day a match is played every scenario that is likely to occur
(and mnay hundreds that are unlikely to occur) will have been played out
and
run through to a tedious degree.

Even the first time a single test scenario is witnessed for signoff it will
have been run through any number of times beforehand to ensure that
everything is fine before the main contractors get asked to witness it and
sign it off.

> ... any helpful lessons-learnt, maybe, that could
> help us on a smaller scale ! ?

Sounds a bit dismissive and it isn't intended to be but believe me there is
*NOTHING* that crops up on an install the scale of a stadium that relates
back to a small scale domestic install...

Of course if you are looking at doing a residential install with a total
network length of maybe 20km or so, maybe 40+ individual networks, maybe
5,000 individual points of control, very little local control (i.e. very
few
light switches), lots of scheduling and tight integration with other
building management systems and the properties own (multiple) 11kV
substations then there are companies out there that can take on that
responsibility. What I'm trying to say is that those kinds of projects are
so huge physically and in terms of planning that no one person ever has
both
the overall picture *AND* the detailled view and so each individual trade
associated with each individual operation has simply to do the job that is
within its scope and do it right.

Phil