Re: X10 Signal Problems

On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 03:06:34PM +0100, Craig wrote:
> > My X10 pocket RF remote packed up last week, so I bought another
> > (HR10E) to replace it.
>
> Are you sure it was the remote that packed up, and not something else,
eg
> TM13? Or something else that has been recently plugged in/moved?

I can verify that the TM13 recieves RF and passes on control messages
to itself, and my appliance module. The new remote works with the TM13,
the old one doesn't. Nothing else has been plugged in/moved, iirc.

> > So does anyone have ideas of what to look for (and test) next?
>
> I would suspect something may be causing interference with X10. In my
house,
> I have a LG LCD TV that stops X10 from working, also Sonos PSU's
interfere
> with X10 in my house. I would try to disconnect as much electronic
equipment
> as possible, to try and eliminate any interference.

I shut down everything except the router, file server (NSLU, btw, which was
in
place before the breakage) and the fridge. I shall try those tonight.

> Then I would try and see if you can reposition the TM13 / CM12 closer
to the
> consumer unit, ie get them more central to your wiring.

Will try that tonight, also. Thanks,

Steev