X10 Signal Problems

  • Subject: X10 Signal Problems
  • From: "iamstevengoodwin" <steev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 13:05:10 -0000

Hi guys,

I'm sure this is a simple problem, but my brain is refusing to work.

My X10 pocket RF remote packed up last week, so I bought another
(HR10E) to replace it. After fitting the batteries it refused to
control anything, except the TM13 that was recieving the signals, and
the appliance module in another room. None of the light switches
(LW10U) worked, even when I removed the working appliance module from
the wall, and changed the code of the switch to match.

I have also tried selecting a different house code on all devices, but
to no avail. I switched off all the computers in the house, in case of
excessive noise entering the system, but still no joy.

The light switches work manually, and when controlled by X10 from the
CM12U, so they appear to be working. That just confused me even more :(

I've discovered a problem called "phase coupling" but that
doesn't
appear to apply in the UK.

So does anyone have ideas of what to look for (and test) next?

Thanks in advance, (as always)

Steev